Year published: 2015
With Wisdom and Vision. Alpha Bank, 19th-21st Century
The publication With Wisdom and Vision. Alpha Bank, 19th-21st Century presents the history of Alpha Bank from the 19th century until today. It includes rare photographic material from the Alpha Bank Historical Archives.
- Edited by: Kostas Kostis
- Language: Greek, English
- Year published: 2017
Contents of the publication
The publication With Wisdom and Vision. Alpha Bank, 19th-21st Century is divided into 7 sections, presenting 7 periods in the history of Alpha Bank and the banks that joined courses with it:
- The establishment of the Bank of Kalamata by J.F. Costopoulos (1856-1918).
- The activities of the Bank of Kalamon (1918-1924).
- The Banque de Crédit Commercial Hellénique (1924-1947), headquartered in Athens.
- The Commercial Credit Bank (1948-1972) and its post-war activity on a national scale.
- The history of Credit Bank (1973-1992).
- The short-lived Alpha Credit Bank (1993-1999).
- The final transformation into Alpha Bank (2000-2015).
The publication also includes rich and never-before-published photographic material from the Alpha Bank Historical Archives and other organisations, banks and institutions. Moreover, it presents the persons who played a leading role in the Bank’s growth.
Scientific editor: Kostas Kostis
Place and time: Athens, 2017
Dimensions: 29,5 x 25 cm
Cover type: Paperback and hardcover